Wednesday, January 11, 2012

D-day


Even though I am sitting here at JFK waiting for my flight to Madrid, I sort of don't believe that I'm going. Is this me in denial? Perhaps.

Oddly enough, I was pretty calm this whole winter break, but I had a mild freak out last night while I was packing. I know I shouldn't have waited, but legitimately I didn't finish packing until 3 last night. But then at the same time, I fell asleep around 11 PM, and woke up at 2 still in my jeans a little panicked. One of my good friends texted me last night telling me how packing was the most stressful, and hardest part is packing, and I now I wholeheartedly agree. Maybe it was my lack of preparation, maybe it was my sleepiness, but as I was packing, I had a tidal wave of fear and cold feet, I'm not going to lie, I got a little emotional. :P But you know what, whatever may come, God's got my back. I had this verse spoken over me by two people, and I wanted to share:
"fear not, for I am with you;
be not dismayed, for I am your God;
I will strengthen you, I will help you,
I will uphold you with my righteous right hand." [Isaiah 41:10]

So encouraging. That's not to say that I'm not nervous, and scared, but I have the Lord's promise! What is greater than that?

I hope to be continually reminded of one goal: to be loved, and to love back. Let myself by showered with the Father's love, and reciprocate that love, and share that love.

That's all for now. The next time I update, I will be in España. Hasta luego.

:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::

This is too cute to keep for myself. :D

No comments:

Post a Comment