Thursday, January 26, 2012

A Little Bigger Cultural Difference

BOOBS ON TV. I completely sounded like a sixth grader just now, but no, in all seriousness, there are boobs on TV. And not just TV, but on the 9 o'clock news. The news blurb was about (or at least what I think it was about) how this one doctor is getting arrested for bad breast implants. Throughout this 5~7 minute news story, there were bare boobs all over the place. It was strange.

Speaking of TV, I think the TV here is much more liberal/less censored here than TV is in America. There was an ad for something during the middle of a game show, and it legitimately were two fantom-like couple having sex. VERY VERY awkward to watch with your host mom. Maybe less censorship is yay-freedom-of-speech, but at the same time, this is the time in which families are watching TV together. I mean, should 8 year olds be watching this? Am I just being super-conservative? Call me an old grandma, but sex scenes for commercials just doesn't seem right in my eyes (no pun intended).

TV shows in general here are weird. And not that interesting.

No comments:

Post a Comment